Hey guys! Wishing you all a very happy Valentine’s Day today! Wether you’re sharing it with that someone special or not, I hope you have a fabulous day and show everyone how much you love and appreciate them.
Today I have made some Valentine’s Day cupcakes. They are really simple but who doesn’t love mini cakes as a gift? I thought I would share the easy recipie with you so here it is!
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 100 grams butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter, add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add the combined liquids to the dry ingredients and fold together until the flavour is dampened, but not smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 12 medium-sized muffin pans that have been well coated with Chef Mate non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips is desired while baking.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 10-20 minutes or until centres spring back when pressed lightly. Leave to stand in the pans for about 3 minutes before moving and cooling on a wire rack.
- Mix 2 cups of icing sugar, a table spoon of butter, 1-2 drops of red/pink food colouring and approx. two teaspoons of boiling water to make it smooth.
- Pour gently onto your cupcakes!
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day wherever you are in the world!
– Jaime xxx